Last Friday, Scharffen Berger hosted a bakery crawl in San Francisco for the food media and a few food bloggers (that’s me) to inspire us to create a cookie sandwich as part of its annual Chocolate Adventure Contest (with this year’s co-sponsor TuttiFoodie.com).
You know what’s inspiring? $25,000.
That’s the grand prize for the winner who submits a recipe that includes a Scharffen Berger product and at least one of the 12 “adventure” ingredients, which includes corn meal, fresh ginger, tequila, sweet potato, and yerba mate tea.
We were inspired by the talented bakers we visited, including Top Chef Just Desserts winner Yigit Pura, who demonstrated his cookie sandwich creation (a pasilla spiced cookie sandwich with chocolate ganache) and then showed off his new Tout Sweet Patisserie at Macy’s Union Square.
When you think about it, any filling sandwiched between cookies (or cake-like cookies) would qualify. Think whoopie pies, alfajores, or even smores!
After our crawl, my mind started strategizing what I’d enter. Even though I’m not a regular baker, I’m up for the challenge because, hey, did I mention the $25,000 in winnings? I won’t say what I’m thinking of right now, but I will say one word – tequila, baby! (Shoots, that’s two words.)
Click here to find out more about the contest and secret adventure ingredients, and then put together your recipe before the January 2, 2013 deadline. Challenge extended. Challenge accepted.
5 comments on “Create Your Favorite Chocolate Cookie Sandwich”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia