The weekend weather turned out warmer than what the TV forecasters predicted (surprise!), so it turned out to be a good day for the activities around the Embarcadero with the America’s Cup and Fleet Week.
While I was at the Ferry Building, I discovered that the Gott’s takeout counter has now been transformed into a frozen yogurt station. It was a perfect relief for the warm weather.
The Gott’s fro-yo station features Straus’ organic frozen yogurt with four flavors (vanilla, original tart, dutch chocolate and pomegranate-blueberry). I got a small cup of the original tart with two toppings ($4.99). The yogurt had a nice, thick creamy texture. The flavor was definitely more mild than the tartness associated with Korean-influenced frozen yogurt at places like Red Mango or Pinkberry. But I still found it enjoyable, with the milky taste similar to Fraiche.
The end of the Ferry Building is now my go to spot when I want to treat myself. On cold days I go for a Hong Kong milk tea from Out the Door’s booth, and on hot days I can go across the aisle at Gott’s for some fro-yo.
Gott’s Takeout Window, San Francisco Ferry Building at Embarcadero and Market. PH: 415.318.3423. Serving fro-yo from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. gotts.com
- A Review of 10 William Street in Sydney, Australia
- A Review of Hutong Dumpling Bar in Melbourne
- Review of Cumulus Inc. and Cumulus Up in Melbourne
- Visiting Swan Valley Wine Region with d’Vine Tours in Western Australia
- Review of Print Hall in Perth, Australia
- Review of Shancheng Hotpot King in Sydney