Every cupcake at Saint Cupcake Galore is like a vision, perfectly frosted swirls or shimmering ganache. The large bakery makes decision-making a tough task, but one most willingly take on.
I checked out the bakery – on the edge of the Pearl District and downtown – because it was my brother-in-law’s birthday during my visit to Portland. My sister and little niece went shopping for some mini cupcakes for the celebrating later.
Along with a variety of cupcakes, Saint Cupcake offers comforting baked goods like cookies and sticky buns, along with lunch selections of sandwiches and salads. I tried an unusual brownie cookie, which turned out to be like a very fudge-y, chocolate cookie.
The cupcakes were just as delicious, with a moist cake and not too sweet frosting. Of course, my 2-year-old niece devoured her mini-cupcake as seen in the photo below. If she’s a food critic, I’m sure she would give Saint Cupcake Galore two thumbs up.
Saint Cupcake Galore, 1138 SW Morrison, Portland, Ore. PH: 503.472.8760. Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sunday, noon to 8 p.m. www.saintcupcake.com
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017