Santa might find a lot of snickerdoodles on the plate on Christmas eve, but surprise him with a subtle kick of chai like these chai snickerdoodles I baked for the holidays recently.
They’re a recipe from the Raw Spice Bar, which sells spices online. I used its chai spice blend that gives you that complex Indian spice flavor with the sweetness of snickerdoodles, which is my cookie obsession of late.
This was my first time making snickerdoodles, and I have to say it was hard to tell when it should be pulled from the oven because they do look a bit raw. But sometimes if you overcook them, then they might not have that nice chewy center that I associate with snickerdoodles.
I also dressed them up for the holidays with some Christmas decor using pre-made icing in the tube. While I was able to create some kind of holiday look, those icing from the tube is really sweet. They made the snickerdoodles even more sweet. So be warned when using these pre-made icing. (If you’re more advanced than me, you could make your own icing with food coloring and confectioner’s sugar.)
Despite the ups and downs of making this cookie, the finished plate of cookies did put me in the holiday mood. Here’s the actually recipe if you want to try it out. Ho ho ho!
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Fast Casual Korean Fusion Saucy Asian in San Francisco
- Brunching on Pastrami Hash with Roasted Broccolini Recipe
- Strolling 2nd Street in SOMA: Baseball, Rolled Ice Cream + Chicken
- A Review of Sonoma Cider Taproom in Healdsburg
- Party Under the Palms: CUESA’s Summer Cocktails Event in Oakland
- A Review of Drip Line Cafe in West Oakland