Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer, which always seem ironic because it’s really the beginning of the warm weather stretches in the San Francisco Bay Area. Still, to help celebrate summer’s end with a bang, I thought I’d share my slideshow of photos I took over the last few weeks of summer’s star — the heirloom tomato.
I picked up my “models” from the farmers markets around town, and captured the images simply with my iPhone camera and using filters on Instagram. I wanted to see if I could get interesting images without my usual digital SLR. Keep in mind, I still have just the iPhone 4S (so ready for the iPhone 6 this fall).
If you have any tips about filters you use on Instagram or how you make your shots look unique, I’d love to hear them. In the meantime, here’s my slideshow. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017