For my annual year in review, I thought I’d use some of my Instagrams shots that I snapped. And I thought I’d present them focused on the color.
Pantone is the major color company in the world, and every year it decides what will be the color of the year. For 2014, the people behind Pantone decided that “Radiant Orchid,” a shade of purple, will be the color of the year.
I love the name of the color, but you don’t really find a lot of Radiant Orchid-colored food, unless you’re in Hawaii and they garnish a dish or cocktail with an actual orchid. Looking at some of my Instagram shots, it looks like the dominant color of my food shots have been either red or brown. Figures.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017