So Memorial Day weekend is coming up and at least in the Bay Area the weather forecast is looking promising for a classic summer weekend.
Many of you probably already have plans, but for those of you (like me at times) where holiday weekends always seem to creep up on you, then this guide to planning an impromptu picnic is for you.
In my latest contribution to the Berkeleyside’s NOSH blog, I write about seven places where you can pick up yummy grubs and find a nearby park to enjoy the outdoors. The suggestions can range from classics like charcuterie at the Pasta Shop or cheese from the Cheese Board Collective to some alternative-picnic food like a bento from Tokyo Fish Market or a mac-and-cheese platter from Homeroom To Go.
(Speaking of Homeroom To Go, they’re offering a special until June 1 where you get $10 off of any orders of $100 or more when you pre-order online and pick up at the Homeroom To Go shop. Just use the code “NOSH10” when placing your orders.)
Visit my NOSH piece for my complete story. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Curry Up Now Indian Street Food in Oakland
- Tasting Authentic Italian Gelato at the New Coletta Gelato in San Francisco
- A Review of Nyum Bai Food Stand at Emeryville Public Market
- Ippo Ramen Pops Up in a New Home at Cock-a-Doodle Cafe
- Exploring the New China Live in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Chinese Classic: Chicken Rice Recipe for Quick Weeknight Dinner