I’m continuing my coffee education by visiting some of the city’s most popular coffee houses. And entering the jam-packed Four Barrel coffee house on Valencia Street in the Mission, I knew a lot of coffee gets poured day in and day out.
Even on a weekday afternoon, there was a line of coffee drinkers waiting. Maybe it was the holidays but people didn’t seem to mind. Many just chatted with friends or tapped away on their laptops at one of the tiny tables along the wall.
I ordered a machiatto and squeezed myself into the few open stools at the back counter. I loved the ceramic cups used at the café, but the coffee was a bit on the bitter side for my taste. So far in my journey in trying coffee, my favorites seem to be the ones with a more balanced flavor. (That means Blue Bottle, Ritual and Verve. Nationwide, Intelligentsia is probably my favorite.)
With the recent explosion of coffee brands opening around town, looks like I have a lot of coffee studying to do.
Four Barrel, 375 Valencia St., San Francisco. PH: 415.896.4289. Open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. fourbarrelcoffee.com
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- First Look at Copper Spoon in Oakland
- Discovering the Japanese Chicken Burrito at Kichi Grill in San Francisco
- Punch Drunk Brunch Still on Point at San Francisco’s 15 Romolo
- A Review of Gibson Inside Hotel Bijou in San Francisco
- Laboring Over My Thai Tea Gelatin Recipe
- A Review of Marufuku Ramen in San Francisco’s Japantown