I had the pleasure recently of interviewing Russell Moore, noted chef/owner of Camino restaurant in Oakland’s Grand Lake neighborhood.
The interview was for the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival blog. Chef Moore will be one of the featured chefs invited to cook in the islands in the annual September event. Lucky man!
Chatting with Moore, who spent more than 20 years as the chef at Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse cafe, he was a hard man to nail down. His food and approach to cooking can be described as “indescribable.” But I try my best in the post I did for the festival’s blog.
Vote for Me!
Also, the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival is launching a contest to see which food bloggers’ chef feature is the best. The winning blogger gets a free trip to Hawaii for the festival. So, as you can imagine, I’m hoping you guys will help me out (especially since I’m originally from Hawaii and really should visit my Mom 😉 ) and vote for my post on Chef Moore on the food festival blog. UPDATE: The poll has closed. Mahalo everyone for your support! Congrats to Stephanie Hua who won the poll.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017