I had the pleasure recently of interviewing Russell Moore, noted chef/owner of Camino restaurant in Oakland’s Grand Lake neighborhood.
The interview was for the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival blog. Chef Moore will be one of the featured chefs invited to cook in the islands in the annual September event. Lucky man!
Chatting with Moore, who spent more than 20 years as the chef at Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse cafe, he was a hard man to nail down. His food and approach to cooking can be described as “indescribable.” But I try my best in the post I did for the festival’s blog.
Vote for Me!
Also, the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival is launching a contest to see which food bloggers’ chef feature is the best. The winning blogger gets a free trip to Hawaii for the festival. So, as you can imagine, I’m hoping you guys will help me out (especially since I’m originally from Hawaii and really should visit my Mom 😉 ) and vote for my post on Chef Moore on the food festival blog. UPDATE: The poll has closed. Mahalo everyone for your support! Congrats to Stephanie Hua who won the poll.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Bit of French Provencal in Berkeley at the New Les Arceaux Cafe and Wine Bar
- A Review of The Temple Club in Oakland
- A Review of Japanese Italian Dishes at Pesce e Riso in San Francisco
- A Review of Brunch at Villon in San Francisco
- A Review of Hinodeya Ramen Bar in San Francisco
- First Look at Copper Spoon in Oakland