The story: The popular Belden Place is known for a handful of restaurants in an alley of San Francisco’s Financial District that on a beautiful day harkens to European nights when people ate outdoors in makeshift tables in an alley. Toy Soldier opened last month in the popular tourist spot in the former space of […]Read the full post →
Soon after the restaurant Finn Town opened in San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood, I visited with my friend Craig to check out its brunch. I fell in love with the restaurant’s handsome decor and the refined comfort food coming out of the kitchen.
Much as changed since then, with the major change being […]Read the full post →
My Oakland neighborhood continues to evolve with recent food additions including a Blue Bottle Cafe and a Trueburger in the works. Another newcomer is the community-building Hog’s Apothecary.
An American-style tavern with an emphasis on everything pig, Hog’s Apothecary opened earlier this year by Bradford Earle and John Stewart-Streit in what’s being called the […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017