The unofficial start to summer is just a week away with Memorial Day right around the corner, and I’m excited because summer gives me free rein to eat a lot of BBQ and grilled items, even if I don’t own a grill.
This recipe for honey hoisin glazed spare ribs is the last in my recipe […]Read the full post →
The story: Chef Ryan Farr walked away from the daily grind of the restaurant world a few years ago to spend time with his family, and since then has built a meat empire called 4505 Meats that spawned a butchery, farmers market stands, and cult following for chicharrones. Last year he opened a casual […]Read the full post →
The story: Magnolia Brewing Co. is a landmark in its corner spot in San Francisco’s Haight neighborhood, but it’s outgrown its basement brewery and last year brewer/owner Dave McLean moved into a large facility in the industrial Dogpatch area. Along with brewing his beer, the spot includes a huge bar and BBQ restaurant called Smokestack.
Why I went: […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty