When I first visited Barcelona eight years ago, I read a lot about the tiny restaurant Cal Pep close to the waterfront, as well as from friends who raved about the fresh food. But I never got a chance to try it.
So I always regretted not giving it a try, since it’s [...]Read the full post →
For my last tasting dinner in Spain, I visited Gelonch restaurant in the bohemian neighborhood known as Eixample.
Gelonch is a tiny restaurant and its reputation of creating innovative Catalan dishes draws a lot of visitors from different countries to taste the food of Chef/Owner Robert Gelonch. On a Monday night when I [...]Read the full post →
There are several dishes that are iconic to Spain, and paella is one of them.
But when I think of paella, I think of a grill and a sandy beach as a huge pan of rice and seafood is cooked up for a hungry crowd. And I also associate the dish with Valencia, [...]Read the full post →
- Review of Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch in Napa Valley
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA