Copper Spoon will be known as the restaurant that took over Art’s Crab Shak’s location on Broadway in Oakland. In fact, the retro sign for Art’s is still there, and the new owners plan to keep it albeit with new wording, of course.
I have never actually been to the former Art’s Crab Shak, so […]Read the full post →
The story: Former line cooks Greg Eng and Jason Low opened their own burger joint in 2010 called TrueBurger, focused on simple beef patties made from pasture-raised, hormone-free beef. Their Grand Avenue restaurant became popular with the lunch crowd, and earlier this year they opened a larger, second location on Broadway.
Why I went: The […]Read the full post →
The story: The Broadway corridor between Rockridge and Temescal in Oakland is undergoing a food transformation, with the arrival of a Blue Bottle Cafe, freshly opened Trueburger and adjacent Cafe Underwood. But one of the more prominent arrivals is Clove and Hoof, a butchery and casual restaurant at the corner of Broadway and 40th […]Read the full post →
A couple of years ago, I noticed that a building around the corner of my Oakland apartment was up for lease. Formerly the home of a mattress outlet, I thought it would be a beautiful space for a restaurant with the building’s historic look and high ceilings.
Well, a restaurant didn’t move in, but probably […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty