The story: Opened late last year, Daughter Thai Kitchen has brought upscale Southern Thai cuisine to the Montclair neighborhood in the Oakland hills. From the same people behind Farmhouse Kitchen and Lanna Thai in San Francisco, the focus here is Southern and spicy.
Why I went: Recently we planned a foodie dinner on a Saturday […]Read the full post →
With the chilly weather, stews and curries are natural choices for the dinner table. For me, autumn squash is another fitting ingredient since it’s plentiful right now at the farmers market.
A squash I’m seeing a lot lately is the Japanese kabocha, which is like a little pumpkin but often in a forest green shell […]Read the full post →
UPDATE: This restaurant closed in June 2015 when the owner wanted to spend time with his growing family.
Kare-Ken means “curry house” in Japanese, but this new spot on Jones Street is more like a studio apartment than a house.
The tiny spot only has room for a long counter that seats about eight, so […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Marufuku Ramen in San Francisco’s Japantown
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino