ST. HELENA, Calif.
Fire pits adjacent to grape vines at a vineyard? It must be time for Heritage Fire by Cochon 555.
This annual food event brings together 50 chefs cooking more than 3,500 pounds of whole animals, from pigs to ducks to cows, to create tasting dishes served with wine in […]Read the full post →
The warm Homestead on Oakland’s Piedmont Avenue is among the restaurants playing with fire – that is, cooking all their dishes over a wood-fueled flame, typically in a brick oven.
Mastering the fire can be tricky since heat can be inconsistent, but when done right you have a meal rich in flavor and color. It’s […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Bit of French Provencal in Berkeley at the New Les Arceaux Cafe and Wine Bar
- A Review of The Temple Club in Oakland
- A Review of Japanese Italian Dishes at Pesce e Riso in San Francisco
- A Review of Brunch at Villon in San Francisco
- A Review of Hinodeya Ramen Bar in San Francisco
- First Look at Copper Spoon in Oakland