ST. HELENA, Calif.
Fire pits adjacent to grape vines at a vineyard? It must be time for Heritage Fire by Cochon 555.
This annual food event brings together 50 chefs cooking more than 3,500 pounds of whole animals, from pigs to ducks to cows, to create tasting dishes served with wine in […]Read the full post →
The warm Homestead on Oakland’s Piedmont Avenue is among the restaurants playing with fire – that is, cooking all their dishes over a wood-fueled flame, typically in a brick oven.
Mastering the fire can be tricky since heat can be inconsistent, but when done right you have a meal rich in flavor and color. It’s […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017