This week you’re probably reading a lot about food, especially dishes that’ll make you feel stuffed just thinking about them. I thought I’d post about a simple dish that’s really like the Japanese version of a palate cleanser.
Ochazuke is a bowl of rice and tea, often served at the end of a meal. I [...]Read the full post →
With its year-round warm weather, Hawaii is famous for producing one of its most popular treats for young and old – the shaved ice. And growing up here, I craved the fine ice shavings in a simple paper cone and drenched in colorful sugary (and sticky) syrups that brightened the day.
I never [...]Read the full post →
- Review of Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch in Napa Valley
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA