The story: New Orlean flavors hit the city’s Mission neighborhood with the arrival of Bayou from Chefs Jerome Rivoire and Arthur Wall.
Why I went: Even though it’s just a couple of weeks old, I decided to check it out since it’s Mardi Gras (OK, I know I’m a day late when I went; I […]Read the full post →
UPDATE: The restaurant quietly closed in November 2016.
The story: Chef/Owner Rick Hackett opened the Pan American-influenced Bocanova at Oakland’s Jack London Square more than five years ago, and late last year expanded by opening Jack’s Oyster Bar and Fish House next door. With Executive Chef Peter Villegas (formerly of La Mar) and pastry […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017