Although I’ll go far and wide to try a new restaurant, I’m always excited when I hear about something opening close to my Oakland home. It’s the idea of finding a regular hangout that I always find appealing (that’s probably from my growing up watching “Cheers”).
So I was excited to check out the new Duchess […]Read the full post →
UPDATE: THIS EATERY CLOSED IN 2013.
With the popularity of burger shacks and hot dog stands, Holy Dog fuses the two together and puts an Asian twist on them in a five-month-old spot in the Fillmore District.
It’s part of a slew of new eating destinations in the neighborhood, across from the white-hot State Bird […]Read the full post →
We have several things to thank Los Angeles for – frozen yogurt, Korean tacos, cupcakes. But burgers? Um, been there, done that.
Is there anything new that we can learn about a good juicy hamburger from the Los Angeles chain Umami Burger? Judging from the crowds outside the chain’s first Northern California outpost in San […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Sidestreet Pho in Alameda
- A Review of The Pig and The Lady and Piggy Smalls in Honolulu
- A Review of High-End Dim Sum at Yauatcha in Waikiki
- Photo Essay: Strolling Through Shirokiya’s Japan Village Walk in Honolulu
- Travel: Eating Around Maui
- A Review of Mahina & Sun’s in the Surfjack Hotel in Honolulu