One of the often-recommended restaurants to try in Honolulu is Town, the local-organic casual restaurant that opened in 2005. I’ve been trying to get to this place every time I visit Hawaii, and only got as close as its sister restaurant (Downtown@HISAM).
The restaurant, opened by Chef Ed Kenney, has attracted diners [...]Read the full post →
I’ve been enamored by the cha chaang teng since my trip to Hong Kong earlier this year. It’s like a Chinese diner – a casual spot that offers a blend of Chinese and Westernized dishes.
I haven’t really found a good counterpart in the San Francisco Bay Area, but in Honolulu I think [...]Read the full post →
Things move slowly in Hawaii, and that includes changes in the dining scene. Popular restaurants remain the same for several years, unlike the constant parade of new restaurants opening and closing in big cities like New York and San Francisco.
When I was visiting the islands last month, I wanted to try places [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia