LAHAINA, Maui, Hawaii
For my Hawaii vacation, I took a side trip to Maui, one of the Neighbor Islands of Hawaii and probably the most popular destinations for tourists. It had been a long time since I visited this island, known as the Valley Isle because of its huge green peaks and valleys that […]
There’s always been a touch of Hawaii along Clement Street in San Francisco’s Richmond District, what with the Asian community’s fondness toward the 50th state. But with last year’s opening of Grindz, Hawaiian food has been polished and reinterpreted for Californians.
I stumbled upon Grindz a few weeks ago when I was looking for lunch […]Read the full post →
It’s only been a few weeks since my return from my Hawaii vacation, but the islands are still on my mind – especially last night when I went to a Taste Hawaii Tour event at San Francisco’s Japanese Cultural Center.
The tasting tour is led by celebrated Chef Alan Wong, the dean of Hawaiian regional […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Sidestreet Pho in Alameda
- A Review of The Pig and The Lady and Piggy Smalls in Honolulu
- A Review of High-End Dim Sum at Yauatcha in Waikiki
- Photo Essay: Strolling Through Shirokiya’s Japan Village Walk in Honolulu
- Travel: Eating Around Maui
- A Review of Mahina & Sun’s in the Surfjack Hotel in Honolulu