The story: Barlago opened several months ago in Oakland’s Adam’s Point neighborhood, in the space that for the longest time was the family-owned Zza’s Italian restaurant. This new reincarnation is by Philip Raskin, who has owned another longtime Oakland Italian restaurant Filippo’s in the Rockridge neighborhood.
Why I went: I was invited by the restaurant [...]Read the full post →
Beer halls seem to be bubbling up in Oakland like the runaway foam that spills over your glass when you get beer on tap.
But of all the versions of beer halls, I love the idea of the beer garden, or biergarten – pubs with large outdoor seating, serving up food perfect for beer.
One [...]Read the full post →
One sense that can really transport you to somewhere else, even if it’s just in your imagination, is the sense of smell. The fragrance of lavender puts you in the middle of lavender fields in Provence. The freshness of Meyer lemons take you to your grandmother’s backyard. And perhaps the scent of vanilla takes you [...]Read the full post →
- Trying the Japanese Pop-Up Pink Zebra in San Francisco
- East Bay Shines in Taste of the Nation
- Time to Roll with Tasting Table’s 2014 Lobster Rumble in San Francisco
- A Review of the Expanded Hog Island Oyster Co. in San Francisco’s Ferry Building
- A Review of Slurp Noodle Bar in San Francisco
- Review of Napa Valley Dining at Press Restaurant in St. Helena
- Carolyn Jung on Trying the Japanese Pop-Up Pink Zebra in San Francisco
- Ben on Rising to the Challenge at Tbls in Hong Kong
- jwc209 on Rising to the Challenge at Tbls in Hong Kong
- Shikha Kaiwar on Time to Roll with Tasting Table’s 2014 Lobster Rumble in San Francisco
- Carolyn Jung on A Review of the Expanded Hog Island Oyster Co. in San Francisco’s Ferry Building