The story: Barlago opened several months ago in Oakland’s Adam’s Point neighborhood, in the space that for the longest time was the family-owned Zza’s Italian restaurant. This new reincarnation is by Philip Raskin, who has owned another longtime Oakland Italian restaurant Filippo’s in the Rockridge neighborhood.
Why I went: I was invited by the restaurant […]Read the full post →
Beer halls seem to be bubbling up in Oakland like the runaway foam that spills over your glass when you get beer on tap.
But of all the versions of beer halls, I love the idea of the beer garden, or biergarten – pubs with large outdoor seating, serving up food perfect for beer.
One […]Read the full post →
One sense that can really transport you to somewhere else, even if it’s just in your imagination, is the sense of smell. The fragrance of lavender puts you in the middle of lavender fields in Provence. The freshness of Meyer lemons take you to your grandmother’s backyard. And perhaps the scent of vanilla takes you […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017