For my last tasting dinner in Spain, I visited Gelonch restaurant in the bohemian neighborhood known as Eixample.
Gelonch is a tiny restaurant and its reputation of creating innovative Catalan dishes draws a lot of visitors from different countries to taste the food of Chef/Owner Robert Gelonch. On a Monday night when I [...]Read the full post →
It’s been awhile since a meal has made me think: WTF?
From the first bite of my five-course lunch at El Club Allard, I thought to myself “what did I get myself into?” And not in a good way; I worried about where this lunch was going.
But then things changed and my [...]Read the full post →
CAVE CREEK, Ariz.
If there’s ever a destination restaurant in Arizona, Binkley’s would be that place. That’s because it’s really the only reason I can think of driving more than 17 miles after a plane ride for dinner.
With nothing more than the GPS app on my iPhone guiding me through the dark desert [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia