The restaurant business is booming in Oakland, which makes sense given the relatively cheaper rents than San Francisco and how many chefs in the business often can only find affordable living accommodations on this side of the bay.
But much of the activity seems to be concentrated in the city’s Uptown neighborhood, and few going west […]Read the full post →
The story: Plenty is a new cafe that opened last fall on the outskirts of Oakland’s Uptown neighborhood on San Pablo Avenue, nearby a few community centers. It’s by two Oakland residents who have worked or consulted for the nearby Hopscotch restaurant.
Why I went: I was excited about the possibility of a new lunch […]Read the full post →
So much activity is happening in Oakland’s Uptown district, it’s hard to keep up.
But the latest is something you can’t miss, especially since it’s prominently at the corner of 20th Street and Telegraph Avenue, across from the Sears building (aka future home of Uber). And that’s the new Tertulia Coffee and Sanchez Contemporary Gallery.
[…]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Fast Casual Korean Fusion Saucy Asian in San Francisco
- Brunching on Pastrami Hash with Roasted Broccolini Recipe
- Strolling 2nd Street in SOMA: Baseball, Rolled Ice Cream + Chicken
- A Review of Sonoma Cider Taproom in Healdsburg
- Party Under the Palms: CUESA’s Summer Cocktails Event in Oakland
- A Review of Drip Line Cafe in West Oakland