The restaurant business is booming in Oakland, which makes sense given the relatively cheaper rents than San Francisco and how many chefs in the business often can only find affordable living accommodations on this side of the bay.
But much of the activity seems to be concentrated in the city’s Uptown neighborhood, and few going west […]Read the full post →
The story: Plenty is a new cafe that opened last fall on the outskirts of Oakland’s Uptown neighborhood on San Pablo Avenue, nearby a few community centers. It’s by two Oakland residents who have worked or consulted for the nearby Hopscotch restaurant.
Why I went: I was excited about the possibility of a new lunch […]Read the full post →
So much activity is happening in Oakland’s Uptown district, it’s hard to keep up.
But the latest is something you can’t miss, especially since it’s prominently at the corner of 20th Street and Telegraph Avenue, across from the Sears building (aka future home of Uber). And that’s the new Tertulia Coffee and Sanchez Contemporary Gallery.
[…]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017