When I was talking about San Francisco classics making their way to this side of the bay, District wine bar was another clear example that came to mind.
A cozy, South of Market wine bar serving up wine flights and small bites near the AT&T ballpark in the city, District duplicated itself last year [...]Read the full post →
Borgo Italia calls itself a bar and café, and at times it seems to be straddling the two identities, serving up an array of pastries behind a glass counter adjacent to a bustling bar scene at night.
The restaurant opened less than two months ago in the former B Restaurant spot in Old Oakland. One [...]Read the full post →
It’s a real crime that I’ve only dined at Pizzaiolo just once since it opened more than seven years ago, especially because it’s right down the street from my Oakland apartment.
But that’s the life of food blogging when I’m always looking for the next great restaurant. It leaves me little room to visit regular [...]Read the full post →
While I live in Oakland, I rarely make my way to the city’s International District – an ethnic neighborhood along International Boulevard, lined with taco trucks and mom-and-pop restaurants — because it’s not so convenient on public transit. But the area supposedly offers some of the best pho (Vietnamese soup noodles) in the area.
I [...]Read the full post →
Chef Daniel Patterson of San Francisco’s Coi wanted to open a restaurant close to his Oakland home, so he signed on to open a restaurant as part of the redevelopment efforts of Jack London Square.
But typical delays prompted Patterson to focus on smaller projects, notably Plum Restaurant and later Plum Bar in Oakland’s Uptown [...]Read the full post →
Some of you might have been on a pub crawl. That is, if you can remember the night. But how about dropping in on four restaurants in one night?
That’s the concept behind Dishcrawl, a social dining experiment that gathers a bunch of food lovers together to roam a neighborhood and visit four (undisclosed) [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia