The story: The one-month-old Shinmai brings another ramen shop to Oakland, and surrounds its noodle offerings with high-end izakaya small bites in a hip, splashy big space on the outer edge of the Uptown neighborhood. It’s the brainchild of Yingji Huang, who also owns Montclair’s Kakui sushi restaurant.
Why I went: Always on the hunt […]Read the full post →
When Firebrand Artisan Breads opened last fall in Oakland’s Uptown neighborhood, it attracted the weekday lunch crowd from nearby offices with a partnership with Pal’s Takeaway who sold creative sandwiches from a window embedded in the modern bakery.
But earlier this summer, Firebrand and Pal’s Takeaway parted ways and Firebrand co-owners Matt Kreutz and Colleen Orland […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Going Big with Brunch at Clove and Hoof in Oakland
- A Bit of French Provencal in Berkeley at the New Les Arceaux Cafe and Wine Bar
- A Review of The Temple Club in Oakland
- A Review of Japanese Italian Dishes at Pesce e Riso in San Francisco
- A Review of Brunch at Villon in San Francisco
- A Review of Hinodeya Ramen Bar in San Francisco