The story: The one-month-old Shinmai brings another ramen shop to Oakland, and surrounds its noodle offerings with high-end izakaya small bites in a hip, splashy big space on the outer edge of the Uptown neighborhood. It’s the brainchild of Yingji Huang, who also owns Montclair’s Kakui sushi restaurant.
Why I went: Always on the hunt […]Read the full post →
When Firebrand Artisan Breads opened last fall in Oakland’s Uptown neighborhood, it attracted the weekday lunch crowd from nearby offices with a partnership with Pal’s Takeaway who sold creative sandwiches from a window embedded in the modern bakery.
But earlier this summer, Firebrand and Pal’s Takeaway parted ways and Firebrand co-owners Matt Kreutz and Colleen Orland […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017