When Oakland’s Bay Wolf announced it was closing after nearly 40 years in business, the neighborhood and regulars were in disbelief. The restaurant on Piedmont Avenue had risen in reputation and popularity for its intimate California-French cuisine — an answer to Berkeley’s Chez Panisse.
But hints of Bay Wolf, which officially closed last August, are […]Read the full post →
Some of you might have been on a pub crawl. That is, if you can remember the night. But how about dropping in on four restaurants in one night?
That’s the concept behind Dishcrawl, a social dining experiment that gathers a bunch of food lovers together to roam a neighborhood and visit four (undisclosed) […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Sidestreet Pho in Alameda
- A Review of The Pig and The Lady and Piggy Smalls in Honolulu
- A Review of High-End Dim Sum at Yauatcha in Waikiki
- Photo Essay: Strolling Through Shirokiya’s Japan Village Walk in Honolulu
- Travel: Eating Around Maui
- A Review of Mahina & Sun’s in the Surfjack Hotel in Honolulu