Once a popular Hawaiian restaurant (and reportedly a brothel and speakeasy way back when), the space at the corner of Masonic and Geary Boulevard is now home to the Corner Store.
Owners Miles Palliser and Ezra Berman envisioned the 7-month-old restaurant as a gathering place for the neighborhood. So it was an appropriate setting for [...]Read the full post →
I bet even husband-and-wife chefs Evan and Sarah Rich couldn’t predict the immediate success their new restaurant, Rich Table, would achieve in just a mere six months.
The restaurant, in the former Paul K spot in Hayes Valley, showcases the couple’s culinary lineage (he from Quince and she from Michael Mina, to name a few) [...]Read the full post →
A restaurant that started off two years ago with a lot of promise now has picked up a Michelin star and is establishing itself as a fine-dining destination in Nob Hill.
Sons & Daughters was created by two friends from culinary school, Chefs Matt McNamara and Teague Moriarty. People didn’t know much about the duo, [...]Read the full post →
Dottie’s True Blue Cafe is one of those San Francisco institution notorious for its long lines, for years forming from its tiny diner in the gritty Tenderloin area. Earlier this year, it moved to a larger space, yet still retained the line and gritty personality on Sixth Street just south of Market.
I’d never been [...]Read the full post →
Since it opened more than a year ago, Cotogna has been a hot ticket in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square in the Financial District. Named by many as the hottest new restaurant in town, reservations online would often only be available at 3:30 p.m. I know, because I’ve been checking for the better half of [...]Read the full post →
There’s no doubt that the Japanese izakaya is the new pizzeria in San Francisco. A lot of new restaurants or plans for new restaurants play on the model of Japanese small bites from the grill.
One that takes it up a notch is the fairly new Nojo, a corner restaurant on the ground floor of [...]Read the full post →
- Review of Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch in Napa Valley
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA