A restaurant that started off two years ago with a lot of promise now has picked up a Michelin star and is establishing itself as a fine-dining destination in Nob Hill.
Sons & Daughters was created by two friends from culinary school, Chefs Matt McNamara and Teague Moriarty. People didn’t know much about the duo, [...]Read the full post →
The food is clearly on display at Scottsdale’s FnB restaurant, which has attracted national media attention as one of the best new restaurants when it opened more than two years ago. In the center of the restaurant is a large counter bar allowing diners to watch the chefs working in the open [...]
California cuisine in this decade is all about fresh, seasonal ingredients with detailed nods to your local purveyors. In the heart of wine country, this message is clearly showcased in Oenotri, which opened in spring 2010.
Located in downtown Napa (same city as the other locavore-centric restaurant, Ubuntu), Oenotri is a modern [...]Read the full post →
The newly opened Local Café is hitching its wagon to the local sustainability gravy train, but to me its name takes a literal geographical definition because it’s just three blocks away from my apartment.
Opened next door to the popular Adesso on Oakland’s Piedmont Avenue, Local Café has a sleek, modern décor that’s part art [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia