I work close to Hawker Fare’s original Oakland location in Uptown (it now has a second location in San Francisco’s Mission District), so I’ve been there often for lunch since it opened more than four years ago.
As it’s evolved over the years, the restaurant has tinkered with its menu, especially at dinner. When I’d go […]Read the full post →
When tasting the flavors of Southeast Asia, it’s pretty easy to find Thai or Vietnamese cuisine in California. But when hunting for the food of places like Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar (formerly Burma), one has to find the pockets around the Bay for a chance at authentic cuisine.
One pocket in Oakland nestled between the […]Read the full post →
Some of you might have been on a pub crawl. That is, if you can remember the night. But how about dropping in on four restaurants in one night?
That’s the concept behind Dishcrawl, a social dining experiment that gathers a bunch of food lovers together to roam a neighborhood and visit four (undisclosed) […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino
- Eating My Way Through Feast Portland 2017