I work close to Hawker Fare’s original Oakland location in Uptown (it now has a second location in San Francisco’s Mission District), so I’ve been there often for lunch since it opened more than four years ago.
As it’s evolved over the years, the restaurant has tinkered with its menu, especially at dinner. When I’d go […]Read the full post →
When tasting the flavors of Southeast Asia, it’s pretty easy to find Thai or Vietnamese cuisine in California. But when hunting for the food of places like Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar (formerly Burma), one has to find the pockets around the Bay for a chance at authentic cuisine.
One pocket in Oakland nestled between the […]Read the full post →
Some of you might have been on a pub crawl. That is, if you can remember the night. But how about dropping in on four restaurants in one night?
That’s the concept behind Dishcrawl, a social dining experiment that gathers a bunch of food lovers together to roam a neighborhood and visit four (undisclosed) […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Bit of French Provencal in Berkeley at the New Les Arceaux Cafe and Wine Bar
- A Review of The Temple Club in Oakland
- A Review of Japanese Italian Dishes at Pesce e Riso in San Francisco
- A Review of Brunch at Villon in San Francisco
- A Review of Hinodeya Ramen Bar in San Francisco
- First Look at Copper Spoon in Oakland