It’s been more than a year since Bon Appetit named Izakaya Rintaro one of the top 10 Best New Restaurants in America. But after a recent visit for dinner with my brother who was visiting, this San Francisco hot spot is still one of the best restaurants in the country, albeit not so new any […]Read the full post →
PALM SPRINGS, Calif.
Last week I got back from my first trip to Palm Springs where I was searching for some spring warmth in the dead of winter. While I wasn’t so successful in the temperature department (laying out at the pool in 60 degree weather did remind me of home though), I was […]
My impression of izakaya – the Japanese casual drinking spots akin to a gastropub – is that of hearty dining with lots of drinking and laughing. The Bay Area has experienced an uptrend of izakaya showcasing grilled food (yakitori) and small bites, but Izakaya Yuzuki seems to break the mold.
Refined. Exquisite. Delicate. Transformational. These […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Hinodeya Ramen Bar in San Francisco
- First Look at Copper Spoon in Oakland
- Discovering the Japanese Chicken Burrito at Kichi Grill in San Francisco
- Punch Drunk Brunch Still on Point at San Francisco’s 15 Romolo
- A Review of Gibson Inside Hotel Bijou in San Francisco
- Laboring Over My Thai Tea Gelatin Recipe