It’s award-season weekend, and while some of you were celebrating all things golden, a few award winners gathered at the San Francisco Ferry Building to celebrate some of the best foods produced in the country.
The second annual Good Foods Awards were named this weekend, celebrating hand-made food products in the categories of beer, charcuterie, cheese, chocolate, coffee, pickles, preserves and spirits. There was a big gala event on Friday night, which I couldn’t afford to attend, and a marketplace on Saturday, which I was able to check out.
Some of the winners, coming from all over the country but mostly from California, displayed their winning goods. And while it seemed like there were fewer vendors showing off (I only saw two tables in the charcuterie category), those who were present were happy to give samples and talk about how they produce their tasty goods.
Here are some of my shots of the marketplace. (Note: You won’t see any from the spirits category because there was a separate Beer Garden later in the day that I skipped.) You can see a complete list of winners here.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- A Review of Marufuku Ramen in San Francisco’s Japantown
- A Review of Toy Soldier in San Francisco’s Belden Place
- Museum of Ice Cream Arrives in San Francisco — Bah Humbug
- A Review of Ramen at Ippudo in Berkeley
- Night and Day Scenes of Eat Real Festival 2017 in Oakland
- Portland Dish: Tusk, Proud Mary Cafe and Chalino