This weekend is the lunar new year, celebrated by several Asian countries. Of course, I know it as Chinese New Year, which started on Friday to mark the year of the dog.
Of course, the festivities often center around food, lots of food. Since I live alone and away from home, I actually don’t go […]Read the full post →
When Dripline Cafe opened a year ago in West Oakland, the menu featured a blend of Southeast Asian flavors with Southern comfort food like chicken and waffles.
But in the last few months, Dripline chef Nora Dunning has been slowly adding what she calls that “funk,” or distinctive flavors of Singapore where she grew up. […]Read the full post →
If you’re like me, you’re probably seeing those bags of lemons showing up at the office break room or from friends knocking at the door. It’s citrus season and everyone and anyone with a tree is probably sharing the love with bags of fruit.
That happened this weekend when a friend had a bag full […]Read the full post →
What can be better than a night of specialty cocktails and appetizers from San Francisco’s popular restaurants and bars? Throw in a few puppies for the win.
Last week I attended CUESA’s first cocktail event for the year, its “Paws and Pours” Winter Cocktail Event, which was a fundraiser that involved a […]Read the full post →
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty