The Blue Bottle Coffee Co. cart, tapping into the food truck craze, spent several months planning to keep the people around Dolores Park perked up with its well-rounded roasted beans. But maybe San Franciscans are getting tired of food trucks or maybe people are just overly protective about keeping Dolores Park a place just for tanning and Frisbee play.
So when locally owned Blue Bottle couldn’t get neighborhood approval to park at the popular park near the Mission District, it moved west and now has found a home parked at a Chevron station at the corner of Market and Castro.
Don’t get me wrong, despite the proximity to the gas station, it is still a prime spot, right near the Muni F-Market turnaround and an urban mini-park where people sit around drinking, well, coffee.
The great thing about San Francisco is it’s a city of neighborhoods as diverse as the population. And if you’re not welcomed in one neighborhood, there’s always another one ready to smell the aroma of your brew.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty