What can be better than a night of specialty cocktails and appetizers from San Francisco’s popular restaurants and bars? Throw in a few puppies for the win.
Last week I attended CUESA’s first cocktail event for the year, its “Paws and Pours” Winter Cocktail Event, which was a fundraiser that involved a cuddle pen of puppies from the San Francisco SPCA. CUESA’s seasonal cocktail events are also a popular night of festivities, but this one had a fun air of playful puns and, of course, the puppies.
I brought along my niece Margot and she was in seventh heaven spending time in the cuddle pen with the four or five puppies that bounced around from one person to another. It was a long wait for the 10 minutes of cuddle time, but there was a lot to do to kill the time with the bartenders who set up stations through the arcade of the San Francisco Ferry Building to serve up their special drinks inspired by ingredients from the farmers market.
This being winter, many of the cocktails were infused with citrus, from blood oranges to lemons to grapefruit. Bartenders from more than a dozen local bars participated, including those from Dirty Habit, Villon, 15 Romolo, Tradition and Hello Stranger (from across the bay in Oakland). A few bites helped to absorb all the alcohol, and this time there was more of an emphasis on vegetarian options, including the yuzu soy noodles from Hodo Soy and yogurt parfait from Dirty Habit.
It was a woof-derful night of tasting and play.
- Cocktails and Bites at CUESA’s Art of the Modern Drink Event
- Party Under the Palms: CUESA’s Summer Cocktails Event in Oakland
- Celebrating Summer Fruits at CUESA’s ‘Get Away in a Glass’ Cocktail Night
- Coffee, Juice, Beer, Chocolates + Baked Goods Offered in the Ferry Building’s New Arcade Row
- What’s New at the 9th Annual San Francisco International Chocolate Salon
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty