Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer, which always seem ironic because it’s really the beginning of the warm weather stretches in the San Francisco Bay Area. Still, to help celebrate summer’s end with a bang, I thought I’d share my slideshow of photos I took over the last few weeks of summer’s star — the heirloom tomato.
I picked up my “models” from the farmers markets around town, and captured the images simply with my iPhone camera and using filters on Instagram. I wanted to see if I could get interesting images without my usual digital SLR. Keep in mind, I still have just the iPhone 4S (so ready for the iPhone 6 this fall).
If you have any tips about filters you use on Instagram or how you make your shots look unique, I’d love to hear them. In the meantime, here’s my slideshow. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty