I had the pleasure recently of interviewing Russell Moore, noted chef/owner of Camino restaurant in Oakland’s Grand Lake neighborhood.
The interview was for the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival blog. Chef Moore will be one of the featured chefs invited to cook in the islands in the annual September event. Lucky man!
Chatting with Moore, who spent more than 20 years as the chef at Alice Waters’ Chez Panisse cafe, he was a hard man to nail down. His food and approach to cooking can be described as “indescribable.” But I try my best in the post I did for the festival’s blog.
Vote for Me!
Also, the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival is launching a contest to see which food bloggers’ chef feature is the best. The winning blogger gets a free trip to Hawaii for the festival. So, as you can imagine, I’m hoping you guys will help me out (especially since I’m originally from Hawaii and really should visit my Mom 😉 ) and vote for my post on Chef Moore on the food festival blog. UPDATE: The poll has closed. Mahalo everyone for your support! Congrats to Stephanie Hua who won the poll.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty