Since Off The Grid launched it’s first food truck event on Friday nights at Fort Mason, it’s grown into a massive operation of traveling food truck pop-ups in neighborhoods all across the city. But one of its more unique events comes during the summer months and occurs every Sunday on the lawn of the Presidio.
Picnic at the Presidio is a unique gathering of food trucks and local restaurants manning food booths, selling munchies from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The crowds have discovered this weekly gathering, drawing families and groups of friends enjoying the weather (when the sun is out) or sheltering from the fog (when it’s not). No matter the weather, you can expect a festive crowd and a lot of eating options.
I visited for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my niece, and was impressed by the line up of trucks and food booths, which included a few from popular restaurants such as Chotto and Nopalito. The massive Del Popolo pizzeria truck also can be found parked there, and seemed to have the longest line. But most of the other booths had reasonable lines, making it a very easy going street food experience.
So if you’re looking for something to do this summer, especially when the weather’s nice, head over to the main lawn at the Presidio for a Sunday picnic with hundreds of new friends.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty