This week was the annual Winter Fancy Food Show at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The massive trade show by the Specialty Food Association is overwhelming in sights and sounds and taste as you go through two arena-size exhibition halls to check out the latest in specialty foods.
This year I decided to pull together the above video just to give you a flavor of what it’s like. The scenes are just from one day of the show, which ran from Sunday through Tuesday.
I felt this year there weren’t any definite trends, although I saw a lot of turmeric soups and continue to see coconut water everywhere. But nothing really stood out for me as a surprising trend.
I also had a fun time at one of the show’s afterparty, an event by local 4505 Meats at its SOMA headquarters. 4505 sells packaged chicharron snacks, which were plentiful around the party, but there were also a whole roasted pig that was turned into tacos along with a full bar of fun cocktails. It really helped cap off a day of sensory-overload.
Subscribe to My Blog
Snaps on the Go
- Lunar New Year Dim Sum at Hong Kong Lounge II in San Francisco
- Dinner is Served at Dripline Featuring Nasi Padang
- Turning Meyer Lemons into Lemon Pudding Cake
- Drunk on Puppy Love at CUESA’s Winter Cocktails Event ‘Paws & Pours’
- Ramen Chain Ippudo Officially Opens Today in San Francisco
- Wrap of 2018 Winter Fancy Food Show + 4505 Meats Afterparty