I’m not a coffee drinker, but if I were, Bicycle Coffee would be one of those places I’d check out.
A roaster that sells organic, fair-trade, Arabica coffee beans at various stores in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley, its twist to the coffee world is that it delivers its beans on bikes from distribution spots in San Francisco and Oakland.
I noticed Bicycle Coffee a few months ago at the Grand Lake Farmers Market in Oakland. My interest was perked by its funky designs (I am a visual person after all), showing a lot of quirky personality. The small company was started in 2009 by some brothers and friends.
I can’t vouch for the flavor of the coffee since I don’t drink the stuff, but it does seem to draw a crowd. Anyone tried a cup?
Bicycle Coffee Co., at the Grand Lake Farmers Market, Oakland, Saturdays. Check website for various stores. PH: 415.374.3361
- A Review of Hutong Dumpling Bar in Melbourne
- Review of Cumulus Inc. and Cumulus Up in Melbourne
- Visiting Swan Valley Wine Region with d’Vine Tours in Western Australia
- Review of Print Hall in Perth, Australia
- Review of Shancheng Hotpot King in Sydney
- Local Sydney Favorite: Black Star Pastry in Newtown
- Review of Ester Restaurant in Australia
- A Review of Ramen Yamadaya in San Francisco
- What’s New at the 2014 International Chocolate Salon in San Francisco
- A Review of L’Ardoise French Restaurant in San Francisco
- A Review of Nido Kitchen & Bar in Oakland
- A Review of Eureka Restaurant in Berkeley