I’m not a coffee drinker, but if I were, Bicycle Coffee would be one of those places I’d check out.
A roaster that sells organic, fair-trade, Arabica coffee beans at various stores in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley, its twist to the coffee world is that it delivers its beans on bikes from distribution spots in San Francisco and Oakland.
I noticed Bicycle Coffee a few months ago at the Grand Lake Farmers Market in Oakland. My interest was perked by its funky designs (I am a visual person after all), showing a lot of quirky personality. The small company was started in 2009 by some brothers and friends.
I can’t vouch for the flavor of the coffee since I don’t drink the stuff, but it does seem to draw a crowd. Anyone tried a cup?
Bicycle Coffee Co., at the Grand Lake Farmers Market, Oakland, Saturdays. Check website for various stores. PH: 415.374.3361
- A Review of the Revamped Fog City (Diner) in San Francisco
- A Review of Street Tacos and More at Belly in Oakland
- Getting Uni Love in this Review of Urchin Bistrot in San Francisco
- A Review of the Tipsy Pig in San Francisco
- A Review of Barlago Italian Kitchen in Oakland
- A Review of Little Bird Bistro in Portland
- Sandy on Getting Uni Love in this Review of Urchin Bistrot in San Francisco
- Ben on How to Make Sticky Rice Chicken (Lo Mai Gai) in Lotus Leaves
- Richard Schinella on How to Make Sticky Rice Chicken (Lo Mai Gai) in Lotus Leaves
- Ben on Review of Seattle-Style Teriyaki at Glaze Teriyaki Grill on Fillmore
- Seattle Native on Review of Seattle-Style Teriyaki at Glaze Teriyaki Grill on Fillmore