I’m not a coffee drinker, but if I were, Bicycle Coffee would be one of those places I’d check out.
A roaster that sells organic, fair-trade, Arabica coffee beans at various stores in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley, its twist to the coffee world is that it delivers its beans on bikes from distribution spots in San Francisco and Oakland.
I noticed Bicycle Coffee a few months ago at the Grand Lake Farmers Market in Oakland. My interest was perked by its funky designs (I am a visual person after all), showing a lot of quirky personality. The small company was started in 2009 by some brothers and friends.
I can’t vouch for the flavor of the coffee since I don’t drink the stuff, but it does seem to draw a crowd. Anyone tried a cup?
Bicycle Coffee Co., at the Grand Lake Farmers Market, Oakland, Saturdays. Check website for various stores. PH: 415.374.3361
- A Review of Eureka Restaurant in Berkeley
- Review of Dim Sum at Koi Palace in Daly City
- Review of Redd Wood in Napa Valley
- Blue Bottle Brightens an Oakland Neighborhood
- Exploring the New Tasting Room at Hall Wines in Napa Valley
- Trying Out Chef Bradley Ogden’s Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- Quick Look at Street Food Dojo in San Francisco
- Review of Homestead in Oakland
- Mission Cool at Four Barrel Coffee House in San Francisco
- Review of Tosca Café in San Francisco
- Warm Up with My Beef Cheek Chili Recipe
- Review of Dim Sum at China Village Seafood Restaurant in Belmont