I’m not a coffee drinker, but if I were, Bicycle Coffee would be one of those places I’d check out.
A roaster that sells organic, fair-trade, Arabica coffee beans at various stores in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley, its twist to the coffee world is that it delivers its beans on bikes from distribution spots in San Francisco and Oakland.
I noticed Bicycle Coffee a few months ago at the Grand Lake Farmers Market in Oakland. My interest was perked by its funky designs (I am a visual person after all), showing a lot of quirky personality. The small company was started in 2009 by some brothers and friends.
I can’t vouch for the flavor of the coffee since I don’t drink the stuff, but it does seem to draw a crowd. Anyone tried a cup?
Bicycle Coffee Co., at the Grand Lake Farmers Market, Oakland, Saturdays. Check website for various stores. PH: 415.374.3361
- Power Lunching at Tadich Grill — the Oldest Restaurant in San Francisco
- A Review of Corey Lee’s Monsieur Benjamin in San Francisco
- A Review of The Dock at Linden in Oakland
- A Review of Townie Bar in Berkeley
- Checking Out the $4 Toast at The Mill in San Francisco
- iPhoto Slideshow of Summer’s Heirloom Tomatoes