I’ve never been to Japan, but in my imagination I picture ramen stands to be every where, squeezed into nooks and crannies of tiny alleys or in train stations ready to feed the wary commuter.
If ramen can replenish the beaten soul of the business class, then the new Ramen Underground restaurant in San Francisco’s [...]Read the full post →
Thousands showed up for this year’s version of the Eat Real Festival – everyone except the sun, that is.
After two years of perfect late summer weather along Jack London Square’s waterfront, where this smorgasbord of food truck and street food love takes place, this year was overcast skies and quite a bit of wind.
[...]Read the full post →
The story goes that a Chinese chef working at a major Waikiki hotel in the 1960s wanted to create a dish that was reminiscent of his homeland but with a new twist. So he poached a chicken and created a ginger-scallion dipping sauce, and the dish became so popular that it was copied all over [...]Read the full post →
What could glow like the warm winter flame in a fireplace or remind one of a sunset over a sandy beach during a long-needed vacation?
That’s what I pondered when I looked at the three balloon wine glasses in front of me filled with orange wine.
Orange wines have started to pop up around wine [...]Read the full post →
There’s no doubt that the Japanese izakaya is the new pizzeria in San Francisco. A lot of new restaurants or plans for new restaurants play on the model of Japanese small bites from the grill.
One that takes it up a notch is the fairly new Nojo, a corner restaurant on the ground floor of [...]Read the full post →
When searching for some of the best food in Hong Kong, you’ll often find yourself looking for a food stall hoping for some street food discovery or gravitating to luxury hotels, whose owners have the money to hire some of the city’s best chefs.
But one of the best dinners I had [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia