SAN MATEO, Calif.
Since I don’t own a car, I basically focus my eating adventures around San Francisco and the East Bay. But recently I caught a ride with my friend Sandy of Foodhoe’s Foraging as we met up with another foodie friend Edda in San Mateo.
Edda of A Housewive’s Tale blog [...]Read the full post →
The packed front bar nearly every night at the new Ramen Shop shows just how hungry the East Bay is for a good bowl of soup noodles on this side of the bay.
It helps that the owners are among the growing Chez Panisse alumni striking out on their own and apparently the whole world [...]Read the full post →
Ken Ken Ramen started off as a pop-up in the Mission and it stayed in the neighborhood when it finally opened its permanent home late last year.
Finding good ramen in the Mission – and in the entire city of San Francisco, as a matter of fact – is a challenge. But I’m always willing [...]Read the full post →
Like really good dim sum, it always seems like I have to travel outside of San Francisco – specifically down the Peninsula and San Jose – for a good bowl of ramen.
So when the buzz was that a good bowl of noodles could be found in the Sunset at Saiwaii Ramen, I thought I’d [...]Read the full post →
It’s the end of 2011, and I’m cleaning out my files to make room for the new. And that’s when I discovered I had one more post from my trip to Honolulu back in September. So here’s my look at Tenkaippin Ramen in the Kapahulu neighborhood.
I ended up at Tenkaippin after an [...]Read the full post →
I’ve never been to Japan, but in my imagination I picture ramen stands to be every where, squeezed into nooks and crannies of tiny alleys or in train stations ready to feed the wary commuter.
If ramen can replenish the beaten soul of the business class, then the new Ramen Underground restaurant in San Francisco’s [...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia