Seems like the bagel is the latest hot comfort food in these parts, with several new bagel shops opening up – especially in Oakland.
One that got a lot of buzz when it first opened a few months ago is Beauty’s Bagel Shop on Telegraph Avenue (a couple of blocks from the MacArthur BART station). [...]Read the full post →
Oakland’s Jack London Square was ground zero this weekend for a gathering of food trucks and grass-roots food businesses showcasing the great tastes of the area, with crowds enjoying the warm weather and unique food.
In its fourth year, the Eat Real Festival hasn’t slowed down at all, although this year for some odd reason [...]Read the full post →
Chef Daniel Patterson of San Francisco’s Coi wanted to open a restaurant close to his Oakland home, so he signed on to open a restaurant as part of the redevelopment efforts of Jack London Square.
But typical delays prompted Patterson to focus on smaller projects, notably Plum Restaurant and later Plum Bar in Oakland’s Uptown [...]Read the full post →
Thousands showed up for this year’s version of the Eat Real Festival – everyone except the sun, that is.
After two years of perfect late summer weather along Jack London Square’s waterfront, where this smorgasbord of food truck and street food love takes place, this year was overcast skies and quite a bit of wind.
[...]Read the full post →
- How to Build a Pizza at Berkeley’s New Pizzeria
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia