Borgo Italia calls itself a bar and café, and at times it seems to be straddling the two identities, serving up an array of pastries behind a glass counter adjacent to a bustling bar scene at night.
The restaurant opened less than two months ago in the former B Restaurant spot in Old Oakland. One [...]Read the full post →
Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver’s charity work probably began 10 years ago when he opened his Fifteen restaurant, named after the 15 under-privileged, unemployed young adults hired as apprentices and given a chance to find a career in the food industry.
Through the years more than 220 apprentices have worked in the kitchen (and [...]Read the full post →
Since it opened more than a year ago, Cotogna has been a hot ticket in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square in the Financial District. Named by many as the hottest new restaurant in town, reservations online would often only be available at 3:30 p.m. I know, because I’ve been checking for the better half of [...]Read the full post →
The team behind Beretta has created an empire, and they’re running like clockwork with its Marina outpost known as Delarosa.
Compared to the eclectic Beretta in the Mission and the cozy Starbelly in the Castro, Delarosa is like the new kid who’s also the show off in the family. Brass, bright, and proud, the spacious [...]Read the full post →
California cuisine in this decade is all about fresh, seasonal ingredients with detailed nods to your local purveyors. In the heart of wine country, this message is clearly showcased in Oenotri, which opened in spring 2010.
Located in downtown Napa (same city as the other locavore-centric restaurant, Ubuntu), Oenotri is a modern [...]Read the full post →
- Jupiter Olympus’ “Choke” Dinner Celebrates the Artichoke
- Review of Tribune Tavern in Oakland
- Richard Blais’ Squid Linguine “Impasta” Recipe
- Dining at Vik’s Chaat & Market in Berkeley
- San Mateo Crawl Ends at Dessert Republic
- Review of San Mateo’s Ramen Parlor + Izakaya Mai
- A Zuni Cafe Classic: The Roasted Chicken
- Tasting Christopher Kostow’s Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena
- Cooking a Filipino Classic: My Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Review of Red Medicine Restaurant in LA
- Going the Distance for XLBs at Din Tai Fung in Arcadia
- Dining at Top Chef Michael Voltaggio’s West Hollywood Restaurant Ink